Friday, January 16, 2009

The Band

As I mentioned in my first post, I am in a band and I play guitar and sing. I am the rhythm guitarist, lead singer, and sort of the manager as well. I coordinate all the practices and stuff like that. Our name (at the moment) is Split Lip. We can currently play the following:

  • Nirvana - In Bloom and Smells Like Teen Spirit
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
  • Black Sabbath - Iron Man and Electric Funeral
  • Jimmy Eat World - Pain
  • Slayer - Dead Skin Mask
  • Green Day - Holiday
  • Some original songs that I've written

So that should give you some idea of what kind of music we play. Our lineup is as follows:

  • Me - Lead Singer and Rhythm Guitar
  • M - Lead Guitar
  • E - Drums
  • I - Bass

We did, at one point, have I (the bassist, not I as in me) on rhythm guitar and E on bass with a fifth person, S, on drums. That didn't work out because S had other, more important commitments so he decided to leave. I have nothing against him, it's just he decided to go. Our new and current lineup is working fine.

If anyone has any ideas for songs, a name, or ideas for songs I could write, just leave a comment and tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment